If you commission testing at SMTL, you have the option of having your test report published in Medidex.
Medidex includes scientific communications based upon data generated by the SMTL as part of its commercial testing activities. The documents may take one of two forms.
- The simplest is a copy of the original technical report which contains a brief description of the test methods used together with the test results. Competitor products used as a comparator may be suitably anonomised if thought necessary.
- The alternative presentation consists of the same test data together with some narrative that might discuss the clinical relevance of the results or provide some form of discussion or conclusions.
All these documents are included on the site at the specific request of the commissioning organisation but are only published if they meet certain strict criteria as identified below.
- All test data must be generated by SMTL.
- All the results generated during the course of the testing programme must be published.
- Companies are not permitted to selectively exclude unfavourable results or findings from a report prior to publication.
- Where narrative is included in a publication this will normally be produced by SMTL staff and associates, although the SMTL may, at their absolute discretion, choose to accept material written by external authors who are recognised for their expertise in their field
Furthermore SMTL will not knowingly publish incorrect or misleading data involving the use of inappropriate comparators which show the test material in an artificially good light. The SMTL also reserves the right to refuse to publish data that is known to be unrepresentative of the performance of a particular product.